Lab Partnering Service Discovery
Use the LPS faceted search filters, or search by keywords, to narrow your results.
- Basic science: seeks to understand how nature works. This research includes experimental and theoretical work in materials science, physics, chemistry, biology, high-energy physics, and mathematics and computer science, including high performance computing.
- Applied science and engineering helps to find practical solutions to society’s problems. These programs focus primarily on energy resources, environmental management and national security.
Group Leader - Nanofabrication and Devices/Materials Scientist, Nanoscience
Current research interests include superlubricity, nucleation and growth mechanisms of CVD-diamond, graphene and CNT, micro- and nanoscale tribology, electronic and mechanical properties of carbon-based materials. Special interest in field emission, and fabrication of energy efficient MEMS/NEMS devices.
Ph.D., University of Pune, India
Awards and Honors:
- TEDx Speaker
- 2018 National Innovation Award from Techconnect on Portable Ultrananocrystalline Diamond based Field Emission Electron Sources for Linear Accelerators
- Pacesetter Award, Argonne National Laboratory, 2018
- Top 100 finalist Chicago Innovation Award 2017
- Pinnacle of Education Award from Board of Governors for Argonne National Laboratory for teaching youth nanotechnology and developing Next Gen STEM Kit
- 2017 National Innovation Award from TechConnect on developing wafer-scale method to grow single and multilayer graphene on dielectric substrate in 1 min
- 2016 National Innovation Award from TechConnect on developing graphene-nanodiamond based solution to achieve superlubricity