Lab Partnering Service Discovery
Use the LPS faceted search filters, or search by keywords, to narrow your results.
Dr. Guarnieri is a research scientist with experience in biochemistry and molecular genetics, biophysics, and structural biology. Dr. Guarnieri's prior research included examining viral secretions and virus-host interactions.
At the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Dr. Guarnieri uses a systems biology approachâutilizing functional genomic, molecular, and biophysical techniques to identify, analyze, and engineer pathways involved in algal, bacterial, and fungal hydrocarbon and biochemical production. His current research interests include:
- Biocatalysis of methane to liquid fuels and chemicals,
- Biological upgrading of sugars to value-added chemicals in yeast and bacterial systems,
- Algal omics, protein engineering, and signal transduction,
- Biological deconstruction and upgrading of lignin, and
- Metabolic and protein engineering for enhanced hydrocarbon production.
For more information about Dr. Guarnieri's research at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, please see his summary here.
Dr. Laurens is a research scientist with experience in diagnostics and sensor development, specifically high-throughput ESI MS looking for molecular markers from COVID-19 patients. Dr. Laurens is currently implementing computational tools for multivariate statistics on MS data, which could be applied to discern any virus-specific markers, or even patient-specific response markers. This MALDI-MS capability can be used for high-throughput 384-well robot compatible screening of samples, which then can enter into the same molecular computational data analysis tools as for the ESI data.
Additional research interests at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory include
- Dynamic biochemical composition of bioenergy-relevant biomass,
- Coproduct development from primary algal biomass components,
- Biofuel precursor behavior during biomass conversion processes,
- Algae-derived green crude valorization,
- High-throughput screening technologies for compositional analysis of microbial biomass,
- Standardization of algal biomass compositional analysis, and
- Technical standards for the algae industry.
To learn more about Dr. Laurens's research interests at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, please see Dr. Laurens's summary here.